Living a healthy balanced life, is a goal most of us aspire to. For instance, being the best we can be in our chosen Sport or Business, you can only get so far with technique and physical practice, mental training is also crucial to being the best you.
We understand the benefits of adopting healthy lifestyle choices, losing weight, exercising, eating healthy foods, drinking in moderation and quitting smoking. However, knowing what’s right and actually doing it are two different things. It is not easy to make positive lifestyle changes and it’s even harder to make them stick. If it were easy, there would be far fewer self-help groups, fad diets, addiction-beating aids and burgeoning gym memberships at the start of each year.
So if you want to sharpen your game and increase your psychological fitness and Take yourself to the next level in sport it business let us help.
I believe that positive change comes about when people feel in control and happy about their choices. I don’t think that by being angry with ourselves we can force ourselves to achieve some goal or other. I work with clients to have them identify what’s really behind their desire for change and help them see the way forward as a positive process, rather than a pressured effort to achieve some outcome.
Good coaches will use and follow these principles:
- Listening is more important than talking
- What motivates people must be understood
- Everyone is capable of achieving more
- A person’s past is no indication of their future
- People’s beliefs about what is possible for themselves are their only limits
- A coach must always provide full support
- Coaches don’t provide the answers
- Coaching does not include criticising people
- All coaching is completely confidential
- Some people’s needs cannot be met by coaching , and coaches recognise clients with these needs and adapt with other tools